I HATE Halloween

I used to be so annoyed with my parents when they wouldn't allow us to participate in Halloween. I mean really, one year they wouldn't let us go to our church's "Harvest Party" - their Halloween substitute. Halloween has never been my favorite holiday, but I now just hate it. I hate all of the nasty, gory decorations that are put up in my neighborhood. I'm wondering how David will react next year when he's a little more cognizant of scary. I think they're all disgusting, even the cutsy ones. I hate how snot-nosed kids come to your house demanding candy like you owe them for being neighbors. I hate the constant wailing decorations in the stores, the ones where every time you walk by them they start talking at you in an electronic spooky voice. I'm not particularly fond of the color orange, or of pumpkins, so that just feeds my annoyance. I wish we could just skip it and move on to Thanksgiving, a much gentler holiday. Ok, a much gentler holiday if you ignore the repercussions for the Native American Indians, or whatever it is politically correct to call them now. I know, I'm a social worker, I should know we now call them either First Americans or Indigenous Americans or First People. Or a variety of other things, depending on the monthly flavor. Bet they didn't have stupid holidays like Halloween. Or if they did, I bet they at least got off work for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contest!

Another CSN Giveaway - $35 GC