Poor Baby







Poor David, we were up at 5:30am today (well he was, I was up at 5) to make it to the hospital by 6am to register for his frenulectomy. That's where he gets the frenulum (the little flap of skin between the tongue and lower jaw) snipped, b/c he is tongue tied. His ENT was afraid it was interfering with speech development, so snippity snip. As you can see, he was not happy to wait an hour and 15 min past his scheduled time (we got stuck behind a kid getting ear tubes), despite the nice oral sedative that made him act like a little drunk baby. You'll also notice that toddler hospital gowns are no less forgiving in the butt department, although baby butts look much cuter in them. All is well, there are no stiches and his frenulum was cut all the way through. We were home by 9:30am. Guess I better call and make that follow up app.

Comments

Cheryl said…
Awww...he's so cute! What an ordeal to have to go through just to get your tongue untied. Poor guy! I hope he is doing better!

So, I understand you live here in Missouri! I hope to see you around my new forum and gallery (still working on site upgrades--but hope to get activities going more in a few weeks).

So, you work with adoptions here in Missouri. I do some private adoptions through my office and it makes me wonder if we ever had contact and didn't know it!

Popular posts from this blog

Contest!

Another CSN Giveaway - $35 GC