Reflections on my 20s

Ok, so I'm technically still in my 20s, for another year anyway. Yesterday was my 29th, and I turned 29 on the 29th in 2009, which I think is actually kinda cool, although not cool enough to make up for having the most forgettable birthday ever. Seriously, it's like pulling teeth to get people to remember my birthday or how old I am, and I'm not the type to send out an announcement about it. Luckily Matt does, as does my mom (who I'm fairly certain won't ever forget it) so I usually get at least a couple phone calls. However, this is also one of the only birthdays where I kind of feel nostalgic for my youth, which is weird for me. I don't like it when people start mourning their youth because seriously, it's not like anyone gets out of aging. It's not a good scenario if you do. Just admit to yourself you were born when you were born and deal with the side effects. But I have to say, my 20s have been pretty good to me. I graduated from college, got married, graduated from grad school, had the two most beautiful children on the face of the planet, and started my own business. I'd say that's a pretty productive decade. It wasn't all good - I found out I have PCOS and have been fighting the nasty symptoms ever since - but on the whole I'd say there's more on the plus side than minus. So thank you 20s, I have a feeling I will always look back on you nostalgically. Now if I could just figure out how to lose all the PCOS weight I gained during you, maybe I won't cringe at the pictures of myself in my 30s.

And now, some super cute videos of the most beautiful children ever. Yup, you should be jealous, because you can't have them. I know, I'm not the best videographer and it's not the highest quality camera, but the cute shines through all the barriers. See, you can't deny the best kids ever.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contest!

Yay - I won some stuff!